Monday, March 14, 2011

-Ik ben slordig-

   Most days life goes on in a form of chaos, but normal way. Then we get a day filled with complete chaos; today was one of those days. Our house is usually filled with clutter of kid toys here, games there. We live in such a small space for five people, but we make it work. Today, Kezia decided to get into the bread after it was accidentally left out. It is now all over the house. Who was watching her, you ask? Well, I was, but she is sneaky. You don't believe me then I will let you watch her for the afternoon and you will be handing her back with a huge grin on your face.

     I was insane and thought ice cream would be a great treat for the kids. She not only had vanilla all over her face, but all over her clothes, and all over her car seat. It is one dairy of a mess. Dinner tonight was simple, rolled quesadillas. How can that go wrong? She decided that she was finished and instead of putting her plate in the proper place decided the floor was good enough. I have to say that most days I can handle the "ik ben slordig" Kezia. (if you don't know what that means then look it up with the dutch translation) But nights like tonight make everything she does seem like nails on a chalkboard. A lot parents can't understand the frustrations that come with raising a child that has been on the earth for five years, but developmentally a lot younger. I love my Kezia. I love the yogurt on my stairs, the sour cream all over, the chocolate on the walls, and the Cheetos's in every nook and cranny. Ok, maybe not the messes, but I love my Kezia and the fact that we have those messes everywhere. While there are days that are more frustrating, I wouldn't trade the bad ones for a million days with a "typical" child because then I would be missing out on the messy, wet kisses and big, giant hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment